Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Make Me Yours, Lord

Most Holy and Gracious, Lord,                   
Almighty, Omnipotent God,
Touch my heart with Your loving Spirit
And fill me with Your joy, Your powerful goodness.
Fill me with Your love for Your creation
     and with hope for the future.
Remind me that You will always be with me wherever I go,
     into safe, comfortable places with friends and family
     or into dangerous, unfamiliar territory

     full of people and things that would harm me.
Forgive me when I am pompously self-sufficient,
     when I rush forward foolishly,
     become too confidant in my own abilities,
     think I can do all things by myself,
     forgetting who I am and Who You are.
Let me remember to hide in You and to let You lead. 
Lord, I do love You and thank You
     for all the treasures in my life. 
I ask You to use me to minister to others in Your name. 
Keep me in a servant –spirit so that I can do those things
     You want me to do humbly, lovingly, and unselfishly .
Please, don’t let others see me as conceited and critical.
Let those who come into my world find a sunshine
      that radiates with Your love and peace.
Let them see something in me that might nudge them to seek You.
Let me remember that I am to glorify You and make disciples for You.
Draw me nearer to You, mold me, and make me completely Yours. 
I pray this prayer in the name of Your Son and my Savior, Jesus Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment