Sunday, November 16, 2014


Lord, empty me of self and fill me with You.
Remove from my heart the desire to take revenge
for the hurt I have received from those who I think
      should love me.
Remove from my heart all traces of jealousy
      stemming from my insecurities.
Help me avoid the urges to indulge in pity parties
      because I don't get my own way,
      and others don't give me
      the attention and glorification
            I selfishly think I deserve.
Let me serve with a glad heart.
Let me show abundant mercy instead of spitefulness.
Let me bestow grace to others.
And let me love,
     especially the despised, the rejected, the lonely.
Lord, let me remember
     that You are God,
            and I am not.
Let me be still and quiet
      and content to let You be God.
Let me trust Your promise of eternal life
      for those who believe in Jesus Christ,
               Your beloved Son.
Help me take up my cross and follow You
      confident that You will never ask more of me
               than You and I can do together.
Show me where I need to go, what I need to do.  
Let Your kingdom come, Lord.
Let Your Will be done

      on earth as it is in Heaven.                     (Mab)

No comments:

Post a Comment