Sunday, February 8, 2015

Getting Older

Lord, I am such a mess some days.  
I don't remember as well as I used to; 
and  my body certainly doesn't function as well as it once did. 
 I am nearing my 70th year of life which doesn't sound that old 
     until I look at the mirror and see my tired, wrinkled face.
I thank You for what has been a wonderful life 
and praise You for all the blessings You have given me: 
     family, friends, shelter, food, assurance of Your Love, 
          Presence, Strength, and Comfort each day.  
Father, I love You, Your Son, and the Holy Spirit 
Who remains with me to guide me, encourage me, protect me.  
Help me to be the person You have created me to be.  
Keep me from straying from Your shelter. 
Help me to love others, to forgive others 
     as You have forgiven me my many sins.  
Let all I say, think, and do be in accordance with Your will.  
Help me to be Your hands and feet
     to those in my world who have a need.  
Forgive me when I try to take Your place, and 
... when I think I know how to do things better than You.  
Forgive my many sins. 
Let me be a blessing to someone today.  
In Christ's name.  Feb 1. 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment