Thursday, August 25, 2016

                                                              
Lord, I have been so remiss 
   about having quality time for You, 
   with You, my Creator and Sustainer. 
Forgive me.
When I am not putting You first,
      I get into trouble with myself and my relationships.
      I become dissatisfied with my life,
          … wallow in self pity,
          …become ugly and nasty,                                                  
          … feel inferior and worthless.
Lord, help me remember
      I cannot bring honor and glory
          to Your name
          when I am so negative. 
I hurt others and myself unnecessarily
           --actions that make me  feel
           more disgusted with myself.         
Forgive me.
Remind me that I am Your child, 
       Your beloved. 
What joy it is to know this;
       but, even knowing this,
       I continue to let petty slights 
       hurt and sour my day.  
Let me look up, not down.
Let me look inward and find rest and peace for my soul.  
Remind me  I have been created
     to glorify you  
     to do all things
    in accordance with Your will.  
    I am here to serve, not to be served.
    I am to be Your hands and feet, Lord;  
    I need Your strength and guidance.   

Thank you for my family, 
     for a husband who has loved me over fifty years, 
     for grandchildren who love us, 
     for daughters who bless us, 
    for sons-in-law who value their wives and children, 
    for friends, 
    for my church and church family, 
    for blessings innumerable.  (July 21, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment