Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Would be a New Creation in You

2 Corinthians 5:17  (NLT) "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 

Lord,
I would be a new creation in You.
I rejoice to think of my sins being washed away,
 my heart becoming as white as snow. 
Make me worthy of Your grace, of Your sacrifices, of Your patience, Your love. 
Give me a new chance, a new possibility, and a new promise in all that I do.
Keep me from falling back into old habits,
   old addictions:  pride, jealousy, egotism, anger.
Keep my heart, my mind, my mouth focused on doing good to others.
Let all that I do and say glorify You.
Let my thoughts be pleasing to You;  
Purge all those thoughts which You find offensive,
Help me to bring them in line with what You find acceptable and gracious.
Lord, You know the conflicts that have taken place in Your church;
You know the problems;
You know the hearts of Your congregation.
Touch my heart and show me how to be kinder, more helpful,
      More loving to those in my world
Give me patience with those who annoy me,
      with those who don’t do what I think they should do,
      with those who are insensitive to the weaknesses and needs of others.
Show me and show others in leadership positions
      how to bring about a healing, 
      a revival in Your church.
Show us how to make Your church one that serves the community,
Show us how to serve as You would have Your church serve.
Do not let those of us who love You be gullible.
Do not let us offer flimsy excuses for not doing more for others.
Prod our hearts to do more, to reach out continuously to those
     who are less fortunate than we are.
Don’t let Your Bride settle for mediocrity in preparing for Your return.
Prick our consciences when we are tempted 
    to make excuses for our own short comings,          
Burden our hearts with a need to be honest and sincere
    in our dealings with others,
    especially when we act in Your name.
I praise You, Lord, for the glory of this day,
   for the joy of life, for Your Love.
                                                In Christ’s name, I pray.

                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment