Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Help Me to Be a Joy

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with humility that comes from wisdom.  James 3:13


Lord, I do not feel very wise,
I realize that I am not as knowledgeable of Your ways as I should be.
I do, however, know, with the utmost certainty, that You love me.
I know You continue to love me fiercely in spite of my fickle self.
I know You loved me enough to redeem my soul from a lifetime in hell.
I know You loved me enough to send Your beloved Son
   to suffer and to die  an ignominious death at Calvary
   as an atonement for my many, many sins.
Jesus was the sacrificial lamb substituted for me,
   substituted for all mankind.
Jesus bore that awful weight of the sins of the world
   in order to defeat death and the powers of darkness
  once and for all time.  
Thank You, Lord for paying my debt,
   for doing for me what I could not do for myself!!

For this gift of eternal life, a gift wrapped in the blood of Jesus,
   I am most grateful.
I want to show You that I am worthy and grateful for your sacrifice
   in my own small, feeble ways.
Help me to show my gratitude; help me to show my worthiness.
Lord, I would be a good ambassador of Your love to others.
I would be a beacon to light the way for others to come to You.
I want others to know the security and joy of being in Your presence.
Touch my heart and make me humble and servant-like.
Do not let me be proud or arrogant.
Help me to love others as You love them.
Help me to become more Christ-like, more sisterly, more open to others.
I pray that my deeds, my words, and my thoughts always please You.
Help me to live an honorable life, doing good works with humility.
Help me to grow in Your wisdom.
Hear and receive my prayers, Lord. 
Hear and accept my heart-prayers.
In Christ’s name I pray.





No comments:

Post a Comment